Monday, January 10, 2005

On the frayed ends of sanity

Who could just stare into Winamps playlist as it populates 1816 mp3 time tags ? *me*
God, O Almighty , father of all, creater of all, why !? Just ........WHY?

Hey come to think of it; WHY could be an abbreviation for Why the Hell Y ?
And then you could recurse it, just like LAME( LAME aint an MP3 encoder) , or GNU ( GNU's not Unix).

On a different note ..
Do you believe there is some sort of energy out there in the cosmos, that one can connect to through meditation ?
Deepak Chopra believes so. I've read his articles, books.. its all enticing till he says you need to meditate 2 hrs at a stretch everyday.
He keeps saying , we need to take a break from our internal conversations. The world we live in causes us to think too much and in the midst of this rigmarole, he fears, we might lose ourselves. And by connecting to that cosmos, we should realise our real essence, our real purpose, the ulterior motives. Somehow , I see some wisdom in that. But I know I would never be able to follow his advise.
I think most of us , at some point of time, get a grip inside, and develop our own ways of dealing with things, which gives us that satisfactory feeling.

I need to ask someone who meditates religiously, if its absolutely necessary to be completely blank mentally, to start off meditation ? or could imagining something that makes you feel good do the trick, eg in my case, I could just think of the perfect place to live in ..like endless grasslands, small house, perfect relationship, xbox, unlimited electricity, food, and voluntary human interception... uptopian ideal, but feels good...coz if this is good enough to switch to that meditation mode , I could do it with my eyes open, no troubles of shutting down, quiet place or any of that :))

hmm time to sleep...

No comments: